Next up we have Lionel Heart’s romance playlist. His picks are songs guaranteed to get people in the mood to both canoodle or caress and fondle. So here are his top ten love song picks of all time!
10) I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing – Aerosmith –> Like poison, my number 10 isn’t really a romance song. It’s Aerosmith, let’s be real they don’t do love songs, we know them for something like “Sweet Emotion”. So when I heard this in the movie Armageddon, I was thoroughly impressed because their tracks are usually more scratchy and loud.
9) Never Going to Give You up – Rick Astley –> “Never going to give you up, Never gonna let you down, Never gonna run around and desert you, Never gonna make you cry, Never gonna say goodbye, Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you” So I just rick rolled everyone who just read this. But more seriously at number 9, I think if a woman had a man say this to her and he meant it then lived up to the promise, he would become god because she will probably do anything you want. And look at how many people get Rick Rolled now.
8) In The Air Tonight – Phil Collins –> This song is from the 1980’s and to this day, people are still making remixes of it, that is how good it is.
7) Forever and Ever – Randy Travis –> This is for the older people out there who want to grow old with their significant other, and Randy Travis hits this one on the money.
6) The Girl is Mine – Michael Jackson –> M.J. needs to make my list somewhere and he gets in at number 6.
5) Purple Rain – Prince –> And Prince wins. If you go back and watch Super Bowl XLI and watch the halftime show, Prince has got that field filled with people singing Purple Rain in the rain. I like this song, it is one of the song where you have to listen to the lyrics carefully to get this one.
4) How Do I Live – LeAnn Rimes –> I heard this in ConAir and have looked for this song and only recently found it. A slow subtle song, very, very romantic it’s almost sickening.
3) Is This Love – Bob Marley –> This is Bob Marley, if he did not make my list somewhere I would have had to kill someone. It’s a nice beat, something you listen to when you are alone with your significant other, and you are relaxing.
2) Red Wine – UB40 –> This is Red Wine, I think that is enough of an explanation.
1)Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden –> I am pretty sure if you asked any female to name a romantic song to make their list of top 5 romance songs, every single one of them will put this song on that list I guarantee. This makes my #1 spot because it has a nice beat, excellent rhythm, the vocals are great, but more than anything else the lyrics, these have to be some of the best lyrics put together. I have been to so many weddings in my life and I am pretty sure I have heard this song at least fifty percent of the occasions and I know it’s been used as the first dance twice. This was also by far Savage Garden’s best song, ever.
And those are Lionel’s picks. Now it’s up to you, the people, to entertain us and tell us who’s got the better playlist so far. Is it Poison with his hard sexual sounds or is it Lionel with his smooth and romantic allure? Keep us entertained cause there’s more to come!