No one gave me ideas for a war hero profile so I pulled a ‘Peyton Manning’ and decided to do a top ten list of things I am thankful for to commemorate our southern neighbours middle of the week holiday Thanksgiving Day.
10) Being ‘Old School’; I love it and will forever be ‘old school’ as people like to call me. Whatever makes me ‘old school’ whether it happens to be my ideals or my personality or my bluntness, I am grateful for it because without it there are people who would not have received reality checks from me and still be the ignorant asses they were at one point or another. I once told someone “If you lie, you lie not to hurt someone but sometimes the truth hurts and that is what makes us stronger” and that is a reality of life.
9) Japanese culture; a lesson in humility the world desperately needs with the way some for the new lot is turning out to be and the attitude of some of the old lot.
8) Korean Girls; “Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee”
7) My car, Isabelle; that’s right I named my car, my baby gets me from A to B without dying for the last 2 ½ years and I could not have asked more from her, hopefully she’s got enough fight in her to go another 3 – 4 years without giving me any major problems.
6) Electricity; without electricity my life would be impossible to live and I would not have a potential career.
5) Anime; my secondary source of entertainment
4) Video games; my primary source of entertainment
3) Thanksgiving Day NFL games; without this I would have no legitimate reason for drinking on a Thursday, that and I am an American football fan. This year my Giants will hopefully get their stomp on the Denver Broncos “FEE, FI, FO, FUM, BIG BLUE IS COMING TO RUIN THE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
2) Alcohol; without this there is no other way to relieve stress and see people do some of the dumbest and most illogical things possible.
1) My Family; I’m not just talking about my immediate family but my extended one as well, the guys and gals who stuck with me this far, never doubted my judgment and never took me for granted. You know what while I am at it a giant “FUCK YOU!” to all you jackasses that were there when I was up but not down, to those of you who can’t take the god damn time of day to pick up the phone or drop a line on MSN/facebook unless you want something.
Keep a look out I feel like doing a top ten list of things I am ungrateful for.