Now as much as this is February and we are supposed to be talking about relationships and all that good stuff, I felt the need to go back to my lover, music, for a little and picked up So Nyuh Shi Dae’s (a.k.a Girls’ Generation) new album “Oh!” (Took a while to get here from Hong Kong) For those of you who don’t know who these nine beauties are, you really need to expand your horizons a little, in this case to South Korea.
This 12 track full album brings the fans 10 brand new and amazing singles, they also re-release two of their hits from last year on this CD. The album was great to listen to, it has the right mix of upbeat song and ballads, the songs were a better mix of styles in comparison to the two mini albums that were put out last year, they seemed to be strictly pop where this time there was that mix I keep talking about.
01. Oh! -> The lead single off the album is a nice upbeat song that gets me listening, it has that re-listen factor to it, not like gee-fever but its got it own flavor which makes it unique, but still retains that cuteness that they exude.
02. Show! Show! Show! -> A very sensual track; smooth, high bass beat, very crisp, almost like Disaronno Amaretto just melts you down as you listen.
03. 뻔&Fun(Sweet Talking Baby) -> Think of Etude from last years 2nd mini album, that’s as best as I can describe it, just listen and feel their bubbly personalities consume you sorrows, then make you feel the joy and warmth and goodness about life.
04. 영원히 너와 꿈꾸고 싶다(Forever) -> This is one of two ballads on the CD, this one was actually used in the MBC drama ‘Pasta’. The song is moving with so much emotion behind the lyrics and the beat just fits.
05. 웃자(Be Happy) -> “Hey boys, no more worries put on a smile for me! Hey girls, no pain no gain that’s what they say, right? OKAY! No No need to stress…” You hear Jessica is telling you to turn that frown upside-down for her. This track is a another upbeat dancer that should get anyone going, “Be Happy, HEY!”.
06. 화성인 바이러스(Boys & Girls) -feat. Key(SHINee) -> This one sounds like it should be the background music for a paparazzi video, for the girls Key from SHINee does background vocals on this track, he brings some nice vocals to the track because the girls have high tone voices its a nice blend on this track to get.
07. 카라멜 커피(Talk To Me) -> If there is ever a remake for Final Fantasy 7, I demand that this track be used for Costa Del Sol’s screen music. That’s the exact feeling you get when you listen to this, you should be rocking in a hammock on one of the islands just kicking back with the breeze blowing. Just lay back and relax as this track floats you away although as I write this its still about the freezing mark.
08. 별별별(☆★☆) -> The second ballad on the album is a little more somber and slightly down, the piano in the background emphasizes that feeling, nice and show but with emphasis, again amazing vocals conveying that emotion. Watch the live video when they sang this song tell me Yoona’s face doesn’t get you to feel sad. (I wanted to run to South Korea and give her a hug, they all looked like they could have used one… Forget one, I would have given them all a hug, then one giant group hug after that ^_^)
09. 무조건 해피엔딩(Stick Wit U) -> A 180 flip from the last song back with the upbeat, bubbly emotions again. I think the chorus sold me for the song “Oh, oh, oh, oh 넌 잡혔어너를 갖겠어 조금씩 내게로 와 Oh, oh, oh, oh 더 가까이 우리 둘이서 무조건 happy ending” Which works out to “Oh, oh, oh, oh, You’ve captured me I will get you, come closer to me Oh, oh, oh, oh More closer The two of us, No matter what happy ending”
10. 좋은 일만 생각하기(Day by Day) -> The final original track on the CD is another song which you feel that laid back feeling when you listen to it, nice rhythm, “Day by Day!”, I think anything I’ve said about the previous track except the ballads can be applied here.
11. Gee -> My gee-fever still isn’t gone and I don’t want it to ever go away!
12. 소원을 말해봐(Genie) -> They sold me on a lie, telling me they could make my wishes come true, I want one of them, I want Kwon Yuri!
Keep Us Entertained!®