Alright people, so we apologize for being away for the past little bit but our crew is working hard to make sure that you all are being entertained. As ambitious a promise as it was to try to update everyday for the next month you can be sure that realistically we all have lives with paying jobs and such to maintain. Aside from the boring drivel about our personal lives I have come to you with an update on our new pet project and what will come of it. Continue reading
Street-side prostitution and brothels are now legal in Canada.
So it’s officially been 1 year since we came out to all of you loyal and lovely readers. To commemorate our anniversary I, Poison, have dug up for you all some of our most popular posts from this year. Ah…the sweet memories.
So in typical Lionel fashion (yes, I’ve coined it as such, so sue me Leo) we’re going to do this in a list format. Another top 10 list for you all to read, review and as usual…something you bitches WONT comment on! Why?! Because there’s nothing to ever disagree with and we’re that awesome! 😀
Alright, so coming in at the number ten spot we have…
Featured Web comic: Sister Claire– Still a great web comic although I’ll admit I got bored of it and no longer follow it. Still, we do hope that alot of you all did get to follow it since it is a great comic. I just happened to move onto other comics that interested me more and shit happened and…yeah.
9) A new ally Appears!- This was a joyous occasion for us when we managed to get Rockpopple to join our cause. A good artist and a good man, he’s out for gold in his recent assault on his gallery in Deviantart. Check out his gallery and comment on his work for us please! We hate when people look at the art and not comment!
8)New Comic preview:Ganguro girl– Yes…this was a failure on my part since I had to cancel out on you all. Given the amount of fanfare it’s received from you all I know that you want to see it happen. I do too… Still, hopefully we can launch it in the new year as a web comic of some sort for you all to enjoy. We’ll keep you entertained with progress on this.
7) What is love?– This is a personal favorite from way back in January-February. When we first hit the net this shit was like fire. I learned alot about love in writing this and in the comments I received, thank you all. Next year when this comes around I’m definitely going to get more in depth with this and properly present a case as to why I still dont believe in romantic love. I was also directed to The Triangular theory of love which comes across to me as very interesting. We also can’t forget the song to go with this little post!
6)Mission statement- Yeah…I’m glad to know that our mission here at The Infection is something that people enjoy reading about. It’s good to know that you all know what we’re about here. We do apologize for the fact that some of the things we promised at the beginning are not apparent but in the new year we will be working harder to make sure that we live up to the standards we put out for ourselves.
5)They must be giants..giant robots!– The Gundam 30th anniversary post by Lionel. This was a good one and we’re sure that you all thought so too. It’s hard to believe that giant robots have been around for that long. Hopefully, we will be able to go to Japan someday and see some of the giant robots they have there. There isn’t just Gundam but there are a few other giant robot models on the little crazy island of Japan.
4)Talented Artists– The talented artists page better be the page you visit! There are so many artists we know that just deserve to be having their names out in the public eye. Regardless of our opinions and what we do, there are artists who we want to be known for their skills and dedication. So please check out the page and check out the artists we know.
3) Top 10 wonderful Halloween costume ideas– A post by the most stylish Lionel Heart on how not to look like a complete ass on Halloween.Yes, you’ll be drinking and partying but you can at least look good while doing it. Lionel give his common sense fashion advice to those of you who just cant seem to choose between the blue jeans and the blue jeans.
2)Hot and Heavily inked– This post has to be the most explicit post I’ve ever written. I even posted an early pornographic cartoon on the damn thing…to this day it still gets hits when it was done months ago. What worries me is what people search up to get to this post…yes I see the terms you sick fucks use to get here and even I’m shocked. The lesson I’ve learned in that little excursion is that the internet is full of sick, horny, bastards.
Now, for the number 1 position this year, it goes to…Cronus! His brilliant post on kingdom hearts as well as his rare appearances on The Infection have made us quite happy. His one post has managed to rack up most of our page views in the past year. If we didn’t have him and his skills here then we would be somewhat sunk. Cheers to a good year! Now…
Keep me entertained!
Cronus here with a little exposition on a recent release. Now, almost everyone who has ever heard of Nintendo knows of its big three: Mario, Zelda, and the lesser called upon Metroid. However, with this year comes a collection that celebrates the latter at its finest: Metroid Prime Trilogy. However, before I do anything else: This review is kinda long and goes over all the included titles, so to avoid front page clutter, I’ll just put one of those “Read More” things here.
Hey readers, Cronus here with the lowdown on a bit of an older title: Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+
Cronus here. I’m The Infection’s good word on anime, games, and technology in general. These are my strong points, and I tend to stick to them so you’ll probably read more of me this month than most others. I tend to ramble on the general points, but when it comes down to the specs, I cut ‘em down to size. Here’s the low down on the big news from this year’s Sony E3 Conference.
Sony’s pulling up with this year’s E3, boasting the company’s “10-Year Life Cycle” mind-set and enforcing the idea that the PS2 is still a big hit and is growing strong 9 years since its release. This in itself is a great message to gamers in that Sony is not pushing consumers towards picking and choosing new systems and to either of those “go big or go home” or “upgrade now” policies we’ve been seeing in many industries as of late. With the large fan base still purchasing and playing them, the public can be sure that the PS2 will continue to get games and units will still be made, as Sony puts it, “…as long as consumers see value in it.” Sony announced that nearly 100 titles will be released for the system within the next year, so the console is far from dead. Of course the real money makers of the show lie within the PS3, PSP, and Playstation Network titles that will make their way to our homes.
First off on our list is of course the “worst kept secret of E3”, the PSP GO. We’ll expand more on the system in a later post concerning advancements in technology, but the short and sweet of it is that it is a purely digital system that will sell alongside the PSP 3000 and UMD formats. This isn’t all that Sony had to reveal in terms of new technologies, but we’ll save that for our later “future tech” post along with more on the PSP GO.
Now cutting the crap, let’s have the short and sweet on the titles:
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3): Naughty Dog has done it again. They’ve taken the PS3 and turned it into the ultimate Indiana Jones engine. The E3 demo shows gameplay of Nathan Drake hopping though decrepit buildings until ambushed by a military helicopter and several armed assailants. Jumping across walkways avoiding bullets, to taking cover and shooting down bad guys, this title has it all. Naughty Dog is boasting no load screen gameplay, but we’ll see if it delivers.
- Gran Turismo PSP (PSP): First off understand that this isn’t some port or a ‘portable’ version of Gran Turismo. It’s a full scale Gran Tursimo iteration that’s been simply placed on the PSP system, powerful enough to be considered a full title on the PS2. Fans of GT, this is what you’ve been waiting for.
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP): The legend lives. 10 years after the events of Snake Eater: comes Peace Walker: A full chapter of the Metal Gear Solid Series. In 1974, Big Boss is now pursuing the creating and implementation of his “paradise”, Outer Heaven. This “missing link” in the Metal Gear series is sure to bring an end to at least half of our MGS withdrawal symptoms. Definitely a must buy for any fans. Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait till next year.
- Agent (PS3): A new title coming out from Rockstar North, this game said to show the dark world of espionage in the same way Rockstar brought the world of crime to audiences in GTA. No looks into the game yet, but keep your eyes peeled.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 (PS3): Imagine the original AC during the Italian renaissance with Leonardo Da Vinci inventing tools for you to use during assassinations as well as more techniques and various weapons ‘discarded’ by enemies being yours to use during battles. It will also have connection bonuses with the PSP title Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines. It looks sweet.
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3): More gameplay footage, and finally some story in English, E3’s look is simply the expected for the upcoming 2010 title, but more than that is something you’ve probably thought is ridiculous if you heard it, or will once you read it.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online (PS3): Yes, you read it right. 13’s not even out yet, but Square-Enix is hard at work making their new cash cow, FF14. Another MMO title designed to take over for its predecessor Final Fantasy XI, the title was first revealed this year at E3, so look forward to whatever pops up on it. That is, if the online game is your cup of tea.
- Modnation Racers(PS3): Imagine a fully 3D LittleBigPlanet that was designed purely for crazy racing. That’s about it. It’s not much, but it looks a hell of a lot of fun.
- The Last Guardian (PS3): I have no clue of what it’s about, but the final piece in the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus series looks gigantic and beautiful. Look for more in the coming months.
- Gran Turismo 5 (PS3): It’s been years, but it’s almost here. No no, for real this time. Polyphony Digital’s long anticipated racing sim is back and looking better than ever. Prologue, the launch demo, can’t hold a candle to the real thing. The basic formula’s the same, so just go and look at the eye candy.
- God of War III (PS3): No words are needed. Just watch the brutality of the PS2 and PSP’s legacy. Oh, and yes, it’s a demo.
Now please don’t hurt me, after all it sounds like a shameless plug, but I want to stress one thing that Sony made abundantly clear in their E3 conference. Every PS3 title mentioned here, along with the other PS3 exclusive titles that were previewed at the conference, are not merely exclusive to PS3, “It’s only possible on the PS3.” These trailers and gameplay demos have more than abundantly proven that to be the case. Sony’s gaming industry has a bright future ahead of it, and I’m certain it’ll keep me entertained.